Thursday, June 21, 2012

A day of homework

I began working on the homework assigned by my Wind Project today. While I was able to understand parts of it I found that despite vigorous note taking, pieces of the calculation escaped me. I paid my first visit to the civil engineering library in the bottom of Nedderman Hall and fully expect I will be back repeatedly. Especially since I wasn't able to check out the book I wanted because I have yet to obtain an UTA Id yet. I might insert a reflection of Abraham Lincoln at this point, "Get the books and read and study them till you understand them in their principal features; and that is the main thing."So while I have yet to understand all the concepts, I will heed his advice given the wealth of knowledge this enormous university can provide. My project has been a little slowly, I must wait for books and I have some free time, so I'm considering exploring the possibility of auditing a class in Architecture. When I went to registrar it turned out I might be able to simply email the professors and ask for a seat in their class, which surprised me since this is such a huge university. Some other participants in the REU have been attending some computer programming classes to sharpen their skills and I believe attending some architecture classes will be an excellent and entertaining supplement education to my Wind Project since both deal with the structures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment