Thursday, June 28, 2012

Civil Engineering Lab

We visited the civil engineering lab today. I found it incredibly fascinating that everyday cement withstood loads of around 6 kip and yet here in this lab they were developing cement that could withstand 26 kip. That is an incredible increase in how much the cement is able to withstand. Imagine what could be built on a foundation that could be that strong. It was truly very interesting to see the going-ons in such an incredible facility, and makes me wish that these sort of lab experiences where available at my college. Our labs consisted mainly of rolling balls down hills. On another note, I believe the group has become fairly familiar within itself. I like to see that we are generally smiling more, laughing easier, and organizing our dinner times so that we all eat together. The more of this the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment