Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weekend Rangers ball Game

Did some of the usual studying during the weekend by going over truss diagrams. I get turned around often when doing those problems but eventually with a couple questions I can get everything cleared up. On the side I also took a break and number of the REU students took a trip the ball park. It had been ten years since I've been to a baseball game, but this one was certainly worth it. A rousing come back by the Texas Rangers in the bottom of the nineth from a 3-0 deficit which allowed them to eventually win the game in the bottom of the 13th. Exciting stuff this quintessential American sport. Plus there was the lightening storm going on during the game which definitely added to the excitement factor. Seeing a ball hit with a resounding peal of thunder was  something I never thought to see except in Hollywood. An excellent weekend with plenty of laughs shared with my REU friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment