Monday, July 16, 2012

Interview Day

Today we had interviews with Stephanie Daza. The interview was harmless enough, being informal and simply questioning interns on their experience thus far and what brought them to engineering in the first place. Stephanie was very kind and the only fault was that she made conversation so easy that the appointments were nearly an hour off by lunchtime. The lecture was awesome considering it was about tornadoes and with a topic like that it could hardly fail. This time I finally felt as though I was learning something outside the books. Its true that this REU has been hands-on, which has helped me learn the material, but I have still felt as though I could have taken a semester class and learned the same amount. But with such a specialization as tornado force winds I feel as though that is something you can't learn in your everyday class.

No comments:

Post a Comment