Friday, July 13, 2012

Postal Service in this REU. Mailing and recieving Mail.

I hope to provide a little info on how the mailing system works for REU students at the university. Ive been on the hunt now for packages with some pretty valuable items (camera, climbing shoes, cookies from home) for about a month now. I haven't found the UTA postal service that helpful and the Arlington one even less so. My teacher of all people a couple days ago gave me a package that turned out to have been mailed to me. I figured if I can trace this one package back  I could find the others. After much investigation I found myself at the Civil Engineering office on the fourth floor. When you come out of the elevators take two rights and you will be in it. I asked about the package and they said they unfortunately didn't have anything in my name. Just as i was leaving though someone shouted from an office down the hall "Isaac Reister!" A woman came and magical retrieved my missing package from behind a couple boxes in the corner of the room. I don't know here name but I am incredibly grateful to here. Apparently that is were the packages end up. I would urge this REU to make that fact a little more widely known considering people are coming here from all over the country and contact with their homes is extremely important. To reiterate, if your reading this and in hunt for a missing package go to the Civil Engineering Office and ask for Ava Chapman. She runs the office. If your trying to send a package to this REU send it to the address of the UTA post office. I believe it is 300 West street, Arlington Texas. AND also include: Civil Engineering Office, Dr. Yazdani. With any luck this might work. It worked for me at least. And check the office often, my cookies were moldy.

No comments:

Post a Comment