Thursday, July 19, 2012

Wood Structures

Today was actually incredibly interesting. I appreciate Dr. Yazdanis ability to connect the listeners beyond the PowerPoint lecture.  Questioning students about what is actually going on within the concepts. The PowerPoint lecture, in my experience, will kill an educational experience in the class room. It quite simply makes the job too easy for the teacher, who often rush the process because the next concept is only a click away. No longer does the teacher have to take the time to erase the chalkboard and I think we forget that this was the prime time for questions from the students. With the PowerPoint students simply don't have the time to voice a question. Even if the teacher does give time or offers up the old favorite, "Just stop me if you have any questions or if I'm going too fast."...yeah like that opens up the students mind to questioning. So I appreciate Dr. Yazdanies ability to engage us a little more than other Professors might have done with this lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment