Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Worked on Presentation

My projects presentation was to big due to the number of videos I inserted. I found it very handy to present things from RISA using a program that recorded whatever was on my screen. Macs have a built in ability to do this but for Windows you need to download a free program from online. There are several options but I used CamStudio. This worked very well, a couple glitches but at least I haven't received a virus. I brought RISA up on my labtop, got the portable version from my grad student teacher incredibly handy, and simply recorded my screen on RISA as I demonstrated the various functions of the program. This did create large videos though and in the end we had a powerpoint of almost five gigs. Powerpoint when it gets to this size has a very difficult time running and since you have to be able to fit your powerpoint on a flash drive, it wasn't really practical. So I thinned down the videos and it works pretty well. Hope this was useful to someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment