Friday, July 27, 2012

Final Day presentation/Thankyous

All the presentation went very well. I enjoyed the soil expansion presentation the most seeing as how they had some very interesting data and there was a substantial amount of research done in their project. More so than the other projects. All the videos worked well in my powerpoint so it all went by smooth. I hope I kept the audience well entertained with my antics. This has been a very useful REU and I can definitely foresee everything I learned being very useful in my up coming classes. I only wish that there had  been more hands on. In my project in particular I believe that learning the concepts took too much precedence over hands on research. For me the REU felt a bit to much like attending class for my liking. However, I'm still pleased with my summer and am looking forward to continue my exploration of this field. After taking the architecture class I feel as though I might look into graduate studies in architecture, and if that ends up not being to my liking then a straight engineering pathway will be an excellent option as well. The people I would like to especially thank is Dr. Yazdani and Md Istiaque Hasan. They have been very instrumental in guiding my learning in the REU and I very much all the time they have spent with my partner and I in the project. Thank you as well to the University of Texas at Arlington for the excellent resources and accommodations.

No comments:

Post a Comment