Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Integration is pretty dry

There wasn't much to do today except for the statics class again. We moved into some pretty complicated stuff today though such as Moment of Inertia. Its a concept that it helps having some calc 2 experience and I found the integration method was easier to understand then a similar triangles method that we also went over. All in all I was pretty confused during the class since usually I need to read up on lectures before if I want it to stick in my head. For example the questions involved where as follows, use integration to find moments of inertia with respect to x and y. Not exactly the most entertaining and especially since I did really know what was going on it would have been nice be taught a little of these concepts in our actual lecture. It seems right now as thought the other groups are coming up with actual research findings whereas my group seems to be struggling to come up with something to learn every week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment